Originally posted 2010-04-27 13:36:08. Republished by Blog Post Promoter
Here’s what I’ve got the last couple of weeks, in terms of tweety things. This is as good a way to focus on and round up topical developments as any, I say–short of Blawg Review, which, by the way, is hosted by the IP Kat this week and is a must-read.
But here’s my selection, lightly annotated, of my recent 140-character expression via @roncoleman:
- @IPmaven: VIA Ray Dowd copyright and the First Sale Doctrine – SCOTUS to hear Costco-Swatch copyright case | Reuters [See my take on that business here]
- @ProfDoane: RT CopyrightLaw “Photographer loses photo alteration case” Analysis of a fair use claim point by point
- @VBalasubramani: Schumer seeks info sharing rules for soc. net. sites | Hm. May have to rethink my support for that.
- @BrettTrout: Twitter removes tweet pursuant to a Digital Millennium Copyright Act takedown notice (I think this is HUGE)
- @ericgoldman: Stephen Wu on Estate Planning for Online Assets [Ah, a favorite topic of mine–someone finally running with this!]
- @ArsLaw: Hot news strikes again: site struggling after court decision
- @AdvertisingLaw Mobile Internet to overtake fixed Internet | I’ve been saying the thing was fixed since 2d ABA 100
- @ipsociety: Book published using tweets without permission, causes uproar (via @priorsmart)
- @CopyrightLaw: “Free Speech Unmoored in Copyright’s Safe Harbor: Chilling Effects of the DMCA. “
That should be plenty for now. Gotta fly.