Originally posted 2006-12-11 21:43:28. Republished by Blog Post Promoter
Author:Ron ColemanI write this blog.
If you don't get enough email (who does?), I can send you LIKELIHOOD OF CONFUSION® blog posts by email! Free!
Leave a Reply
The question of whether consumers are likely to be confused is the signal inquiry that determines if a trademark infringement claim is valid. This blog is about trademark law, copyright law, free speech (mostly as it relates to the Internet) and legal issues related to blogging.As for me, I'm a partner and commercial litigator at Goetz Fitzpatrick LLP in New York and, some say, "IP maven" with a special interest in copyright and trademark infringement involving the Internet--including advising clients how to avoid them. click here.
Matthew David Brozik – Contributing Editor
If you want to read something terrific, Matthew David Brozik's website is the place to spend time. Sometimes, however -- now, on a regular basis -- he saves something for LIKELIHOOD OF CONFUSION®.
Besides being an actual writer, Matthew is also an actual lawyer, his intellectual property law bibliography not being for nothing.
I’m high-ranked and I know it.
Is LIKELIHOOD OF CONFUSION® really all that? Rankings-wise? Is it really one of the top law blogs in the galaxy?
It is, for what that's worth.
As of right now, here are the latest rankings via:
- All legal blogs on Avvo.com
- Most popular law blogs this month on Justia (sometimes)
- All IP law blogs, by popularity, on Justia
- All copyright law blogs, by popularity on Justia (whoa!)
- Alltop's law blogs and
- Cision.com's Top 50 Law Blogs
It's easy it is to game almost any ranking system, not that I've tried to. As such. These are just what they are.
The term of art maven is used to mean "wise guy" here and is not meant to suggest that I have certified or other "expertise" in any particular field of legal practice. But try me.
CATEGORIES (a work in progress)
- perils of automated recommendation adsA promotional e-mail from Spotify included the text "Have you heard this song by Lily Allen? Give it a try. Fuck You." The ASA upheld a complaint against the ad. Though consumers were targeted for the ad because of previous genres they'd listened to, they weren't targeted because of similar titles, and recipients of email from a genera […]Rebecca Tushnet
- Perjury Re Real Party in Interest Warrants Terminating SanctionsThe court granted defendant's motion to strike a declaratory relief plaintiff's pleadings for its repeated failures to provide accurate discovery regarding its participation in reexamination and, thus, whether estoppel applied to its claims. "[Plaintiff's chairman] committed perjury at his deposition. . . . While [plaintiff] has attempted […]Docket Navigator
- Evidentiary Demands in Proving Succcessor Ownership of a TrademarkOrdinarily, a complainant proves ownership of a trademark by displaying a certificate of registration from a national registrar; or, if unregistered by proving use in commerce for a qualified period of time. Having documentation and attaching it to the complaint is easier than having to prove a right which entails proving a reputation reaching back […]Gerald M. Levine
- Sirius XM Will Have to Defend Multiple Lawsuits Over Pre-1972 MusicA judge says that California should have the opportunity to weigh in on a dispute that could have "far-reaching effects." read more […]Eriq Gardner
- Industry Canada CASL Regulations now availableIndustry Canada Minister James Moore announced today that the new Industry Canada CASL regulations will be published in the Canada Gazette on December 18, 2013.They are available now on the fightspam.cahttp://fightspam.gc.ca/eic/site/030.nsf/eng/h_00211.html website. This is just over one year from when the second draft regulations were published for comment […]Barry Sookman
- Likelihood of IllusionOver Thanksgiving weekend, I had the pleasure of visiting my grandmother’s farmhouse in northwest Iowa. I don’t think I had been there in probably five years, as she had been living in California for most of that time. Upon entering, I was immediately taken back to my childhood. Nearly everything was exactly the same. The... Continue ReadingTim Sitzmann
LIKELIHOOD OF CONFUSION® Copyright © 2013. All Rights Reserved.