Originally posted 2007-02-28 16:35:15. Republished by Blog Post Promoter
October 11, 2013 | 0 Comments
Author:Ron ColemanI write this blog.
If you don't get enough email (who does?), I can send you LIKELIHOOD OF CONFUSION® blog posts by email! Free!
Leave a Reply
The question of whether consumers are likely to be confused is the signal inquiry that determines if a trademark infringement claim is valid. This blog is about trademark law, copyright law, free speech (mostly as it relates to the Internet) and legal issues related to blogging.As for me, I'm a partner and commercial litigator at Goetz Fitzpatrick LLP in New York and, some say, "IP maven" with a special interest in copyright and trademark infringement involving the Internet--including advising clients how to avoid them. click here.
Matthew David Brozik – Contributing Editor
If you want to read something terrific, Matthew David Brozik's website is the place to spend time. Sometimes, however -- now, on a regular basis -- he saves something for LIKELIHOOD OF CONFUSION®.
Besides being an actual writer, Matthew is also an actual lawyer, his intellectual property law bibliography not being for nothing.
I’m high-ranked and I know it.
Is LIKELIHOOD OF CONFUSION® really all that? Rankings-wise? Is it really one of the top law blogs in the galaxy?
It is, for what that's worth.
As of right now, here are the latest rankings via:
- All legal blogs on Avvo.com
- Most popular law blogs this month on Justia (sometimes)
- All IP law blogs, by popularity, on Justia
- All copyright law blogs, by popularity on Justia (whoa!)
- Alltop's law blogs and
- Cision.com's Top 50 Law Blogs
It's easy it is to game almost any ranking system, not that I've tried to. As such. These are just what they are.
The term of art maven is used to mean "wise guy" here and is not meant to suggest that I have certified or other "expertise" in any particular field of legal practice. But try me.
CATEGORIES (a work in progress)
- Android device makers must tread carefully when colluding to bring patent prices downLast Tuesday an interesting order addressing the intersection of patent and antitrust laws came down in the Northern District of California in a case I didn't watch (hence the delay here). Judge Yvonne Gonzalez Rogers dismissed motions to dismiss that Samsung, Google's Motorola Mobility, HTC and patent aggregator RPX had brought against an (amended […]Florian Mueller
- European Court confirms the high threshold required to prove detriment to a well-known/reputable trade markby Inga Pietsch (United Kingdom)The Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU) has ruled that owners of reputable marks must provide evidence of a change in the economic behaviour of the average consumer, or at least a serious risk of such, if they are to prove that a defendant’s use of an identical or similar mark would take contrary to Article 8(5) of t […]Norton Rose Fulbright
- Special Master Lukoff grants Apple’s motion to strike Robocast’s supplemental expert report on damagesSpecial Master Lukoff recently considered the latest of several motions regarding expert discovery in Robocast, Inc. v. Apple, Inc., C.A. No. 11-235-RGA (D. Del. Dec. 4, 2013) (previous decisions discussed here and here). Apple moved to strike the supplemental expert...Pilar G. Kraman
- World of Spycraft: NSA, GCHQ hacked WoW and Xbox Live, other gamesNSA sought to use games to collect voice data, attack target's computers.Sean Gallagher
- Banking on AliceTo paraphrase Mark Twain, reports of the end of CLS Bank v. Alice Corporation may be greatly exaggerated. After a greatly–muddled en banc Federal Circuit opinion added only confusion, rather than clarity, to the contentious issue of software patentability, the Supreme Court has granted a writ of certiorari to address the following issue: “Whether claims […]Stacy
- TM infringement no matter how dissimilar the marks?Surface Supplied, Inc. v. Kirby Morgan Dive Systems, Inc., No. C 13–0575, 2013 WL 6354244 (N.D. Cal. Dec. 5, 2013)Sometimes I think Iqbal/Twomblyis for people who don’t own trademarks. Here, Kirby Morgan sought to amend its counterclaims for trademark infringement, federal dilution, and false advertising. The court allowed the amendment.The legally interest […]Rebecca Tushnet
LIKELIHOOD OF CONFUSION® Copyright © 2013. All Rights Reserved.