Turns out no, you can’t; Sergiy Sivochek explains.
Author:Ron ColemanI write this blog.
If you don't get enough email (who does?), I can send you LIKELIHOOD OF CONFUSION® blog posts by email! Free!
Leave a Reply
The question of whether consumers are likely to be confused is the signal inquiry that determines if a trademark infringement claim is valid. This blog is about trademark law, copyright law, free speech (mostly as it relates to the Internet) and legal issues related to blogging.As for me, I'm a partner and commercial litigator at Goetz Fitzpatrick LLP in New York and, some say, "IP maven" with a special interest in copyright and trademark infringement involving the Internet--including advising clients how to avoid them. click here.
Matthew David Brozik – Contributing Editor
If you want to read something terrific, Matthew David Brozik's website is the place to spend time. Sometimes, however -- now, on a regular basis -- he saves something for LIKELIHOOD OF CONFUSION®.
Besides being an actual writer, Matthew is also an actual lawyer, his intellectual property law bibliography not being for nothing.
I’m high-ranked and I know it.
Is LIKELIHOOD OF CONFUSION® really all that? Rankings-wise? Is it really one of the top law blogs in the galaxy?
It is, for what that's worth.
As of right now, here are the latest rankings via:
- All legal blogs on Avvo.com
- Most popular law blogs this month on Justia (sometimes)
- All IP law blogs, by popularity, on Justia
- All copyright law blogs, by popularity on Justia (whoa!)
- Alltop's law blogs and
- Cision.com's Top 50 Law Blogs
It's easy it is to game almost any ranking system, not that I've tried to. As such. These are just what they are.
The term of art maven is used to mean "wise guy" here and is not meant to suggest that I have certified or other "expertise" in any particular field of legal practice. But try me.
CATEGORIES (a work in progress)
- Unpublished US ApplicationsWe have moved to a somewhat steady state of 7%, with the bulk of these being US originated applications. That figure may further drop because the $300 publication fee has now been eliminated.Dennis Crouch
- Computer and Internet Law Updates for 2013-12-06Microsoft pledges to protect customer data from NSA spying http://t.co/wZG7j0dBpD -> Password hack nets 2 million Facebook, Twitter users http://t.co/U8tsrGjVE5 -> Judge: Copyright infringement suit against Paisley and Underwood can go forward http://t.co/O8YzbhciBw -> Brandis sits on digital copyright review until 2014 http://t.co/kg6Y1nGDoh -> […]Barry Sookman
- Dancing Baby Files Opening Brief in DMCA Abuse AppealStephanie Lenz’s effort to hold Universal Music Group accountable for abusing the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) to take down a home video of her toddler “dancing” to Prince in the kitchen is one step closer to fruition. Today, EFF and co-counsel Keker & Van Nest LLP filed an opening brief on behalf of Ms. Lenz in the federal Court of Appeals […]Corynne McSherry
- Article 194 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European UnionOn Tuesday, I wrote about the speech by EU Commissioner Almunia of Monday. I mentioned Article 194, and wrote: He may also want to take a look at Article 194 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union. That Article guarantees “a Member State’s right to determine the conditions for exploiting its energy resources, its […]Karl-Friedrich Lenz
- Patent Filing Reveals High Performance Hybrids Next Up for FerrariIPNews® - Ferrari looks to join the market of luxury performance hybrids through recent patent filings. Five new patents filed by Ferrari in Europe detail the company's interest in high performance hybrid vehicles. The addition of hybrid sports cars would put Ferrari in play with rival luxury car makers such as Porsche and McLaren, which have already a […]Mandour & Associates
- TWiL 238: Gourmet Cheese by DroneHosts: Denise Howell and Evan Brown. Prenda, Goldiblox, Bitcoin heist, Hotfile settlement, and more. Guests: Iyaz Akhtar and Sean Flaim. Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/twil. We invite you to read, add to, and amend our show notes. TWiL on Friendfeed TWiL on Facebook Attorneys may submit a self-study form to their local CLE board seeking MCLE c […]
LIKELIHOOD OF CONFUSION® Copyright © 2013. All Rights Reserved.