Originally posted 2007-02-01 03:41:23. Republished by Blog Post Promoter
Author:Ron ColemanI write this blog.
If you don't get enough email (who does?), I can send you LIKELIHOOD OF CONFUSION® blog posts by email! Free!
Leave a Reply
The question of whether consumers are likely to be confused is the signal inquiry that determines if a trademark infringement claim is valid. This blog is about trademark law, copyright law, free speech (mostly as it relates to the Internet) and legal issues related to blogging.As for me, I'm a partner and commercial litigator at Goetz Fitzpatrick LLP in New York and, some say, "IP maven" with a special interest in copyright and trademark infringement involving the Internet--including advising clients how to avoid them. click here.
Matthew David Brozik – Contributing Editor
If you want to read something terrific, Matthew David Brozik's website is the place to spend time. Sometimes, however -- now, on a regular basis -- he saves something for LIKELIHOOD OF CONFUSION®.
Besides being an actual writer, Matthew is also an actual lawyer, his intellectual property law bibliography not being for nothing.
I’m high-ranked and I know it.
Is LIKELIHOOD OF CONFUSION® really all that? Rankings-wise? Is it really one of the top law blogs in the galaxy?
It is, for what that's worth.
As of right now, here are the latest rankings via:
- All legal blogs on Avvo.com
- Most popular law blogs this month on Justia (sometimes)
- All IP law blogs, by popularity, on Justia
- All copyright law blogs, by popularity on Justia (whoa!)
- Alltop's law blogs and
- Cision.com's Top 50 Law Blogs
It's easy it is to game almost any ranking system, not that I've tried to. As such. These are just what they are.
The term of art maven is used to mean "wise guy" here and is not meant to suggest that I have certified or other "expertise" in any particular field of legal practice. But try me.
CATEGORIES (a work in progress)
- FCC postpones spectrum auction until mid 2015The commission was set to auction off 10MHz in Jan 2014. Now it will wait 18 months.Megan Geuss
- Good faith and fair flyingContractual covenants of good faith implied under state law may not apply to frequent flier mileage programs.William Carleton
- Setting Up the MeetingPart 17 of my third global warming science fiction novel “Last Week”. Link to Part 01: “Back To Paradise Era”. CHAPTER FIVE GLARING GLASSES Wednesday, February 8, 2023, 7:29 P.M. “Senator Nutt will be available for our meeting tomorrow,” Angel said, smiling. “That will be interesting. I am looking forward to telling her the truth […]Karl-Friedrich Lenz
- “I want to decide when and if I sell my property, on my terms.”Artist James Dupree is fighting Philadelphia’s dubious efforts to condemn his studio in order to transfer it to a new private owner that would build a supermarket and parking lot on the site. In November 2012, the Philadelphia Redevelopment Authority (PRA) was authorized to acquire 17 properties to build a supermarket in […]Sergio Muñoz Sarmiento
- Ill-Advised Student YouTube Video Leads to Conviction For Misusing Computerized Communication System–In re Kaleb K.Kaleb, a high school student, allegedly created a YouTube video with a rap song about his Spanish teacher that contained “crude and vulgar language” about the teacher. He was found guilty of disorderly conduct and unlawful use of a “computerized...Venkat Balasubramani
- Creative Commons releases licence for intergovernmental organisationsWith the excitement of the release of the 4.0 version of Creative Commons licences, it is possible that another really important development will have been missed. Creative Commons has announced the release of one of the last ports that will probably be drafted in a while, the Creative Commons Intergovernmental Organization 3.0 licence suite, designed […]Andres
LIKELIHOOD OF CONFUSION® Copyright © 2013. All Rights Reserved.