Originally posted 2007-10-24 00:12:17. Republished by Blog Post Promoter
Author:Ron ColemanI write this blog.
If you don't get enough email (who does?), I can send you LIKELIHOOD OF CONFUSION® blog posts by email! Free!
Leave a Reply
The question of whether consumers are likely to be confused is the signal inquiry that determines if a trademark infringement claim is valid. This blog is about trademark law, copyright law, free speech (mostly as it relates to the Internet) and legal issues related to blogging.
As for me, I'm a partner and commercial litigator at Goetz Fitzpatrick LLP with offices in New York and New Jersey (but active nationwide) and, some say, "IP maven" with a special interest in copyright and trademark infringement involving the Internet--including advising clients how to avoid them.
For more information, or to learn more about retaining me, please click here.
Follow @likely2confuse on Twitter
Likelihood TM Blog: RT @mhintzesq: Lindt TM for 3D shape of ‘gold bunny’ in gold, red & brown http://t.co/600xFonWdy via @The_IPO http://t.co/I0DOmCAno4
Likelihood TM Blog: RT @copyrightandtec: Rights Management (The Other Kind) Workshop, NYC, April 30 http://t.co/jNvL74fSyU
Likelihood TM Blog: RT @RonColeman: Bloggers are protected as "Media" - Comins v. VanVoorhis (Chapter 2) http://t.co/pR4GlMgDKa via @marcorandazza"
Likelihood TM Blog: "Counseling the Defendant with a Contestable Federal #Trademark Registration: Some Strategic Considerations" http://t.co/JPkaS5LYZj (2010)
I’m high-ranked and I know it.
Is LIKELIHOOD OF CONFUSION® really all that? Rankings-wise? Is it really one of the top law blogs in the galaxy?
It is, for what that's worth.
As of right now, here are the latest rankings via:
- All legal blogs on Avvo.com
- Most popular law blogs this month on Justia (sometimes)
- All IP law blogs, by popularity, on Justia
- All copyright law blogs, by popularity on Justia (whoa!)
- Alltop's law blogs and
- Cision.com's Top 50 Law Blogs
It's easy it is to game almost any ranking system, not that I've tried to. As such. These are just what they are.
The term of art maven is used to mean "wise guy" here and is not meant to suggest that I have certified or other "expertise" in any particular field of legal practice. But try me.
CATEGORIES (a work in progress)
- New search engine points way to buy drugs, guns"Grams" search engine is the latest Silk Road replacement.Joe Silver
- Harley revs up big brand power in depreciation of Goodwill challengeby Kristin Wall, Brian Gray and Karen SieSummaryIn a recent decision, the Federal Court determined that Harley-Davidson was entitled to use its SCREAMIN’ EAGLE trade-mark, in association with its registered HARLEY-DAVIDSON trade-mark, to sell clothing in Canada. The Defendants, who owned two Canadian retail stores, and had been selling SCREAMING EAGLE clothi […]Norton Rose Fulbright
- Record Labels Sue Pandora Over Pre-1972 RecordingsThe popular streaming service is hit with a complaint in New York court with potentially big consequences.read more […]Eriq Gardner
- Mission-critical satellite communications wide open to malicious hackingWeaknesses from a host of makers pose risks to military, aviation, shipping.Dan Goodin
- Beware of Easy SolutionsBy Brian Taylor Goldstein, Esq. A conductor we manage has been invited to conduct one of the orchestras of a University in the United States later this year. He has worked there once before when he conducted performances when he had a J-1 visa. On this occasion however due to the short length of the […]ggartslaw
- Adam Levitin responds to General MillsHere: By permitting, allowing, or suffering me to purchase any of your products or services, whether directly from you or indirectly through dealers, vendors, agents, or other third-parties, you agree to irrevocably surrender all rights to compel me to arbitration or to waive my rights to proceed against you as a member of a class action. In order to make t […]Rebecca Tushnet
LIKELIHOOD OF CONFUSION® Copyright © 2014. All Rights Reserved.