Leave a Reply
The question of whether consumers are likely to be confused is the signal inquiry that determines if a trademark infringement claim is valid. This blog is about trademark law, copyright law, free speech (mostly as it relates to the Internet) and legal issues related to blogging.
As for me, I'm Ron Coleman, a commercial litigator, business attorney and, some say, "IP maven" with a special interest in copyright and trademark infringement involving the Internet--including advising clients how to avoid them. I am also a writer and general counsel of the notional Media Bloggers Association.
For more information, or to learn more about retaining my services, please click here.
Follow @likely2confuse on Twitter
I’m high-ranked and I know it.
Is LIKELIHOOD OF CONFUSION® really all that? Rankings-wise? Is it really one of the top law blogs in the galaxy?
It is, for what that's worth.
As of right now, here are the latest rankings via:
- All legal blogs on Avvo.com
- Most popular law blogs this month on Justia (sometimes)
- All IP law blogs, by popularity, on Justia
- All copyright law blogs, by popularity on Justia (whoa!)
- Alltop's law blogs and
- Cision.com's Top 50 Law Blogs
It's easy it is to game almost any ranking system, not that I've tried to. As such. These are just what they are.
SECONDARY TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT
Follow @roncoleman on Twitter
The term of art maven is used to mean "wise guy" here and is not meant to suggest that I have certified or other "expertise" in any particular field of legal practice. But try me.
CATEGORIES (a work in progress)
- Chisum Patent Academy Patent Law SeminarThe Chisum Patent Academy will be offering its next Advanced Patent Law Seminars from July 31 to August 2, 2013 and from August 5-7, 2013 in Seattle, WA. The three-day seminar will focus on the following patent law topics: • Patent Practice Gone Wrong: Lessons from Recent Cases on Patent Malpractice and Rule 11 Sanctions • CLS Bank v. Alice Corp.: Making Sen […]Patent Docs
- IPLAC Program on IP EthicsThe Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago (IPLAC) will be offering a program on "Ethics in IP Practice" on May 21, 2013 from 12:00 to 5:00 pm (Central) at the offices of Winston & Strawn LLP in Chicago, IL. Wendy Muchman, Chief of Litigation/Professional Education, ARDC; Michael Barrett, Director of Risk Control, CNA; and William Cov […]Patent Docs
- Would Bloggers Be Covered By a Federal Shield Law?TweetSince the news of the Justice Department getting their hands on phone records of the Associated Press – without the AP’s cooperation – there has been new talk of a federal shield law. But how broad would the shield law be? To cut to the chase: Would if cover bloggers? The issue was nicely teed […]Eric E. Johnson
- ALJ Rogers Denies Motion For Leave To Amend Complaint In Certain Wireless Devices With 3G And/Or 4G Capabilities (337-TA-868)On May 10, 2013, ALJ Robert K. Rogers, Jr. issued Order No. 27 denying Complainants InterDigital Technology Corporation, IPR Licensing, Inc. and InterDigital Holdings, Inc.’s (collectively, “InterDigital”) motion for leave to amend the complaint in Certain Wireless Devices With 3G And/Or 4G Capabilities and Components Thereof (Inv. No. 337-TA-868). According […]John Presper
- Warner Bros. Wins Lawsuit Over Fictional Technology in 'Dark Knight Rises'A judge realizes there's a difference between movies and reality in analyzing a trademark claim over Catwoman's favorite piece of software.read more […]Eriq Gardner
- Judge’s Facebook Friendship With Victim’s Parent Does not Taint Proceeding -- Youkers v. Texas[Post by Venkat Balasubramani] Youkers v . Texas, No. 05-11-01407-CR (Tx. Ct. App. May 15, 2013) [pdf] Youkers was convicted... […]Venkat
Photos on flickr
LIKELIHOOD OF CONFUSION® Copyright © 2013. All Rights Reserved.