The question of whether consumers are likely to be confused is the signal inquiry that determines if a trademark infringement claim is valid. This blog is about trademark law, copyright law, free speech (mostly as it relates to the Internet) and legal issues related to blogging.As for me, I'm a partner and commercial litigator at Goetz Fitzpatrick LLP in New York and, some say, "IP maven" with a special interest in copyright and trademark infringement involving the Internet--including advising clients how to avoid them. click here.
Matthew David Brozik – Contributing Editor
If you want to read something terrific, Matthew David Brozik's website is the place to spend time. Sometimes, however -- now, on a regular basis -- he saves something for LIKELIHOOD OF CONFUSION®.
Besides being an actual writer, Matthew is also an actual lawyer, his intellectual property law bibliography not being for nothing.
I’m high-ranked and I know it.
Is LIKELIHOOD OF CONFUSION® really all that? Rankings-wise? Is it really one of the top law blogs in the galaxy?
It is, for what that's worth.
As of right now, here are the latest rankings via:
- All legal blogs on Avvo.com
- Most popular law blogs this month on Justia (sometimes)
- All IP law blogs, by popularity, on Justia
- All copyright law blogs, by popularity on Justia (whoa!)
- Alltop's law blogs and
- Cision.com's Top 50 Law Blogs
It's easy it is to game almost any ranking system, not that I've tried to. As such. These are just what they are.
The term of art maven is used to mean "wise guy" here and is not meant to suggest that I have certified or other "expertise" in any particular field of legal practice. But try me.
CATEGORIES (a work in progress)
- ALJ Shaw Denies Discovery Motions In Certain Digital Media Devices (337-TA-882)On December 3, 2013, ALJ David P. Shaw issued Order No. 30 in Certain Digital Media Devices, Including Televisions, Blu-Ray Disc Players, Home Theater Systems, Tablets and Mobile Phones, Components Thereof and Associated Software (Inv. No. 337-TA-882). According to the Order, Non-party Amazon Digital Services, Inc. (“Amazon”) filed a motion to quash the subp […]Eric Schweibenz
- Wants to License Video Game Merchandise in IndiaDear Rich: Over time India has been growing as a vital part of gaming industry. Kids, teens and adults as well are strongly connected to games now whether it is PS, PSP, Xbox or PC. Gaming has become an integral part of our daily schedule. As a passionate gamer, I always want to show my dedication towards a particular game by buying the special gaming mercha […]The Dear Rich Staff
- CASL Industry Canada regulations: summary and commentsThe Government has published final regulations and the Regulatory Impact Analysis Statement (RIAS) related to Canada’s anti-spam legislation (CASL). It has also published a copy of the Order in Council fixing the date when the Act will come into force. They are available on the fightspam.ca website. Most of the Act will take effect on […]Barry Sookman
- Supreme Court hears aftermath of long-dead DMCA printer cartridge caseLexmark's tough talk about printer cartridges led to a false advertising suit.Joe Mullin
- T 1404/10 - EquilibriumIn this decision (on an appeal against the rejection of an opposition) Board 3.2.01 also had to deal with a request for apportionment of costs.The reason was that during the oral proceedings held on April 26, 2013, the patent proprietor questioned the identity of the opponent. As a consequence the OPs had been adjourned.*** Translation of the German original […]oliver randl
- Digital radio broadcasting in Brazil, a technopolitical struggle.On the last week of November/2013 the second edition of ESC took place in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. ESC is the acronym to “Espectro, Sociedade e Comunicação” (Spectrum, Society and Communication); as the name suggests people in this meeting discussed a fair use of the Radio spectrum in order to empower society by the use […]Diego Vicentin
LIKELIHOOD OF CONFUSION® Copyright © 2013. All Rights Reserved.