This blog is a media partner sponsor for the following upcoming CLE seminar from the American Conference Institute:
USPTO Boot Camp: Trademark Edition
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Hilton Alexandria Mark Center, Alexandria, VA
As ACI explains:
Trademark attorneys face an increasingly demanding atmosphere when they shepherd a trademark application through the USPTO. Denials of trademark applications based on fraud, pressures of conducting cost effective trademark searches, and complexities of negotiating coexistence agreements with other trademark owners raise the stakes for the trademark bar.
The benefits of knowing how to navigate the nuances of the USPTO are invaluable, but the consequences of ignorance could shatter the marketing, promotion, and legal plans invested in the trademark.
Now is the time to strengthen your awareness of the USPTO trademark application process. Now is the time to refine your skills in dealing with trademark examiners. Now is the time to learn from the experts. With your needs in mind, ACI designed USPTO Boot Camp: Trademark Edition to focus on the core issues facing attorneys in this vital area of trademark law.
USPTO Commissioner for Trademarks, Lynne G. Beresford, TTAB Judge Albin F. Drost, and a distinguished faculty of top trademark attorneys will peel back the layers of the USPTO, deconstruct the complexities of the application process, and give you insights on:
- Choosing language for the trademark application that accuratelydescribes the goods and services attached to the trademark
- Identifying the USPTOâ€™s criteria for determining whether a trademarkapplication is fraudulent
- Eliciting critical information about the unique aspects of the corporateculture and their impact on the use of the trademark in commerce
- Providing an effective response to a USPTO Office Action
- Classifying the considerations in pursuing action at the TTAB to protecttrademark rights during and after the registration process
- Incorporating the use of the trademark into your search strategy
- Deciding the appropriateness of an audit to uncover potential sources of fraud
Attend this conference and learn to navigate your way through the regulatory maze that plays a critical role to your practice areas. Donâ€™t delay â€” register now by calling 1-888-224-2480, faxing your registration form to 1-877-927-1563, or registering online.