Of course you’re invited!
Author:Ron ColemanI write this blog.
If you don't get enough email (who does?), I can send you LIKELIHOOD OF CONFUSION® blog posts by email! Free!
Leave a Reply
The question of whether consumers are likely to be confused is the signal inquiry that determines if a trademark infringement claim is valid. This blog is about trademark law, copyright law, free speech (mostly as it relates to the Internet) and legal issues related to blogging.As for me, I'm a partner and commercial litigator at Goetz Fitzpatrick LLP in New York and, some say, "IP maven" with a special interest in copyright and trademark infringement involving the Internet--including advising clients how to avoid them. click here.
Follow @likely2confuse on Twitter
Likelihood TM Blog: Balls (hard ones) and sharks at the #TTAB http://t.co/IENIl8001F | LIKELIHOOD OF CONFUSION (2012)
Likelihood TM Blog: RT @IPLawAlerts: Beware the Ides of March at the US Patent and Trademark Office http://t.co/zcEx6T0F5F | by @mintzlevin
Likelihood TM Blog: RT @copyrightclear: Copyright & Technology - In #Copyright Law, 200 Is a Magic Number http://t.co/7c4gK8UULF @copyrightandtec
Likelihood TM Blog: RT @BoothSweet: A must-read. The most rigorous analysis of the problem to date: Copyright Trolling, An Empirical Study by @matthewsag http:…
Matthew David Brozik – Contributing Editor
If you want to read something terrific, Matthew David Brozik's website is the place to spend time. Sometimes, however -- now, on a regular basis -- he saves something for LIKELIHOOD OF CONFUSION®.
Besides being an actual writer, Matthew is also an actual lawyer, his intellectual property law bibliography not being for nothing.
I’m high-ranked and I know it.
Is LIKELIHOOD OF CONFUSION® really all that? Rankings-wise? Is it really one of the top law blogs in the galaxy?
It is, for what that's worth.
As of right now, here are the latest rankings via:
- All legal blogs on Avvo.com
- Most popular law blogs this month on Justia (sometimes)
- All IP law blogs, by popularity, on Justia
- All copyright law blogs, by popularity on Justia (whoa!)
- Alltop's law blogs and
- Cision.com's Top 50 Law Blogs
It's easy it is to game almost any ranking system, not that I've tried to. As such. These are just what they are.
The term of art maven is used to mean "wise guy" here and is not meant to suggest that I have certified or other "expertise" in any particular field of legal practice. But try me.
CATEGORIES (a work in progress)
- Class action objection in the form of a dialogueSample (footnotes omitted): CytoSport has agreed to donate whatever is left over to charitable athletic events, like Susan G. Komen’s Race for the Cure.Class Member. That’s nice of them. Are they funding the costs of running the event?Counsel: No, they are going to give out free Muscle Milk.Class Member: Isn’t that the kind of thing they’d want to do anyway […]Rebecca Tushnet
- User Comments On A Public Interest Website Do Not Violate Website’s User AgreementThe Appeals Court for the Fourth District Court of Appeals in California affirmed the special motion to strike a plaintiff’s complaint for being barred under the anti-SLAAP statute. Hupp v. Freedom Communications, Inc., Case No. #-57390 (Cal. 4th DCA, November 7, 2013) (available here). Plaintiff Paul Hupp sued Defendant Freedom Communications, Inc., dba T […]paperstreet
- WIPO Director General: Francis Gurry nominated for Second Term by WIPO’s Coordination CommitteeThe World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) in an announcement published earlier today, March 6, 2014, announced that its coordination committee had nominated Francis Gurry for a second term by more than 20 votes. The coordination committee, which comprises 83 member states, voted on the list of four candidates. Gurry prevailed in the round of votin […]Nigerian Law Intellectual Property Watch
- "Start With the Court's Charge" - article on Law.comI recently accepted an offer to become a regular contributor to the new law.com website. I will be posting approximately monthly with what I hope will be practical advice for trial lawyers based on my experience preparing and trying cases....Michael C. Smith
- Wednesday/Thursday Blog RoundupEric Posner has two more posts on Ukraine, and Will Baude has the latest word in the ongoing discussion on originalism.UChicagoLaw
- Topside Pom Wonderful briefsI was unfortunately unable to work on an amicus brief in Pom Wonderful, but the good news is that INTA did participate.Petitioner's brief.Generic Pharmaceutical Association (in support of neither party).INTA.United States (in support of neither party).Rebecca Tushnet
LIKELIHOOD OF CONFUSION® Copyright © 2014. All Rights Reserved.