Originally posted 2006-08-08 09:20:02. Republished by Blog Post Promoter
Author:Ron ColemanI write this blog.
If you don't get enough email (who does?), I can send you LIKELIHOOD OF CONFUSION® blog posts by email! Free!
Leave a Reply
The question of whether consumers are likely to be confused is the signal inquiry that determines if a trademark infringement claim is valid. This blog is about trademark law, copyright law, free speech (mostly as it relates to the Internet) and legal issues related to blogging.As for me, I'm a partner and commercial litigator at Goetz Fitzpatrick LLP in New York and, some say, "IP maven" with a special interest in copyright and trademark infringement involving the Internet--including advising clients how to avoid them. click here.
Matthew David Brozik – Contributing Editor
If you want to read something terrific, Matthew David Brozik's website is the place to spend time. Sometimes, however -- now, on a regular basis -- he saves something for LIKELIHOOD OF CONFUSION®.
Besides being an actual writer, Matthew is also an actual lawyer, his intellectual property law bibliography not being for nothing.
I’m high-ranked and I know it.
Is LIKELIHOOD OF CONFUSION® really all that? Rankings-wise? Is it really one of the top law blogs in the galaxy?
It is, for what that's worth.
As of right now, here are the latest rankings via:
- All legal blogs on Avvo.com
- Most popular law blogs this month on Justia (sometimes)
- All IP law blogs, by popularity, on Justia
- All copyright law blogs, by popularity on Justia (whoa!)
- Alltop's law blogs and
- Cision.com's Top 50 Law Blogs
It's easy it is to game almost any ranking system, not that I've tried to. As such. These are just what they are.
The term of art maven is used to mean "wise guy" here and is not meant to suggest that I have certified or other "expertise" in any particular field of legal practice. But try me.
CATEGORIES (a work in progress)
- Court ReportBy Sherri Oslick -- About Court Report: Each week we will report briefly on recently filed biotech and pharma cases. Astrazeneca AB et al. v. Aurobindo Pharma Ltd. et al. 3:13-cv-07298; filed December 3, 2013 in the District Court of New Jersey • Plaintiffs: Astrazeneca AB; Aktiebolaget Hassle; Astrazeneca LP; KBI Inc.; KBI-E Inc. • Defendants: Aurobindo Pha […]Patent Docs
- Conference & CLE CalendarDecember 9, 2013 - Biotechnology/Chemical/Pharmaceutical (BCP) customer partnership meeting (U.S. Patent and Trademark Office) - 9:00 am to 2:45 pm (ET) December 9-10, 2013 - Patent Infringement Litigation Summit (Legal iQ (IQPC)) - San Francisco, CA December 10-11, 2013 - Advanced Forum on Patent Litigation*** (American Conference Institute) - New York, NY […]Patent Docs
- USPTO BCP Customer Partnership MeetingThe U.S. Patent and Trademark Office will be holding its next biotechnology/chemical/pharmaceutical (BCP) customer partnership meeting on Monday, December 9, 2013. The agenda for the meeting is as follows: Morning Session • Meet and Greet (8:30 - 9:00 am ET) -- Wanda Walker, Jerry Lorengo, and James Wilson (Acting), Directors, TC1600 SPEs • Opening Remarks ( […]Patent Docs
- Momentum Events "IP Counsel Exchange for Biosimilar Applicants and Sponsors," New York, January 23-24Momentum Event Group will be holding its inaugural "IP Counsel Exchange for Biosimilar Applicants and Sponsors" January 23-24 in New York City. The effect of the recent Sandoz v. Amgen decision on biosimilar patent litigation strategy is expected to be...Aaron Barkoff
- Alice corpSoftware patents: US Supreme Court grants certiorari to determine patentability of Alice Corp's computer related patentWarwick Rothnie
- R 15/13 – An Angry ManThis petition for review deals with one of those cases where emotions run high during the oral proceedings (OPs). The professional representative of the patent proprietor, whose patent had been revoked by Board 3.5.03 (case T 2198/10), had the very bad idea of using very strong language in the petition.In the course of the proceedings, the patent proprietor […]oliver randl
LIKELIHOOD OF CONFUSION® Copyright © 2013. All Rights Reserved.