The question of whether consumers are likely to be confused is the signal inquiry that determines if a trademark infringement claim is valid. This blog is about trademark law, copyright law, free speech (mostly as it relates to the Internet) and legal issues related to blogging.As for me, I'm a partner and commercial litigator at Goetz Fitzpatrick LLP in New York and, some say, "IP maven" with a special interest in copyright and trademark infringement involving the Internet--including advising clients how to avoid them. click here.
Follow @likely2confuse on Twitter
Matthew David Brozik – Contributing Editor
If you want to read something terrific, Matthew David Brozik's website is the place to spend time. Sometimes, however -- now, on a regular basis -- he saves something for LIKELIHOOD OF CONFUSION®.
Besides being an actual writer, Matthew is also an actual lawyer, his intellectual property law bibliography not being for nothing.
I’m high-ranked and I know it.
Is LIKELIHOOD OF CONFUSION® really all that? Rankings-wise? Is it really one of the top law blogs in the galaxy?
It is, for what that's worth.
As of right now, here are the latest rankings via:
- All legal blogs on Avvo.com
- Most popular law blogs this month on Justia (sometimes)
- All IP law blogs, by popularity, on Justia
- All copyright law blogs, by popularity on Justia (whoa!)
- Alltop's law blogs and
- Cision.com's Top 50 Law Blogs
It's easy it is to game almost any ranking system, not that I've tried to. As such. These are just what they are.
The term of art maven is used to mean "wise guy" here and is not meant to suggest that I have certified or other "expertise" in any particular field of legal practice. But try me.
CATEGORIES (a work in progress)
- Looking Back at Top Spatial Law and Policy Stories Since 2010Since 2010, the Spatial Law and Policy Blog has identified the Top 10 Spatial Law and Policy stories over the course of the year. In preparing this year's version, I decided to go back and look at previous Top 10 blog posts. In my review, I was struck by how mainstream geospatial technology and location information has come in a relatively short time. F […]Kevin
- Dinesh D'Souza Prevails Over Co-Producer in Arbitration Over 'Obama's America' (Exclusive)The conservative writer and filmmaker was challenged by co-producer Doug Sain, who claimed he was owed a bigger slice of the movie.read more […]Paul Bond
- Nigella and the Grillo claims - the truth.One would have thought that 'real' world news such as the death of Mandela would have managed to monopolise the media agenda but no, even amidst the global news stories the spectre of and questions over Nigella's alleged cocaine use continue to permeate the headlin […]Mediabeak
- ALJ Bullock Grants-In-Part Motion To Amend Complaint And Notice Of Investigation In Certain Tires (337-TA-897)On December 11, 2013, Chief ALJ Charles E. Bullock issued the public version of Order No. 11 (dated November 21, 2013) containing his Initial Determination granting-in-part Complainants Toyo Tire & Rubber Co., Ltd., Toyo Tire Holdings of America, Inc., Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp., Nitto Tire U.S.A. Inc., and Toyo Tire North America Manufacturing Inc.’s (colle […]John Presper
- Dear Gmailer: I know what you read last summer (and last night and today)How Gmail's image tweak is a boon to marketers, stalkers, and debt collectors.Dan Goodin
- T 1451/10 – CombinationsIn T 1511/07 we read:[2.1] According to Claim 1 the weight ratio of the citric and lactic acids to calcium hydroxide is from 1:1 to 5:1. This ratio defines a new sub-range which emerges from a combination of the lower value of the broadest range of from 1:1 to 10:1 with the upper value of the especially preferred range of from 2.5:1 to 5:1 as disclosed in th […]oliver randl
LIKELIHOOD OF CONFUSION® Copyright © 2013. All Rights Reserved.