The question of whether consumers are likely to be confused is the signal inquiry that determines if a trademark infringement claim is valid. This blog is about trademark law, copyright law, free speech (mostly as it relates to the Internet) and legal issues related to blogging.
As for me, I'm Ron Coleman, a commercial litigator, business attorney and, some say, "IP maven" with a special interest in copyright and trademark infringement involving the Internet--including advising clients how to avoid them. I am also a writer and general counsel of the notional Media Bloggers Association.
For more information, or to learn more about retaining my services, please click here.
Follow @likely2confuse on Twitter
I’m high-ranked and I know it.
Is LIKELIHOOD OF CONFUSION® really all that? Rankings-wise? Is it really one of the top law blogs in the galaxy?
It is, for what that's worth.
As of right now, here are the latest rankings via:
- All legal blogs on Avvo.com
- Most popular law blogs this month on Justia (sometimes)
- All IP law blogs, by popularity, on Justia
- All copyright law blogs, by popularity on Justia (whoa!)
- Alltop's law blogs and
- Cision.com's Top 50 Law Blogs
It's easy it is to game almost any ranking system, not that I've tried to. As such. These are just what they are.
SECONDARY TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT
Follow @roncoleman on Twitter
The term of art maven is used to mean "wise guy" here and is not meant to suggest that I have certified or other "expertise" in any particular field of legal practice. But try me.
CATEGORIES (a work in progress)
- Trying To Ban Tesla Should BackfireApparently, some car dealers in the American State of North Carolina are trying to purchase legislation that would make it illegal for Tesla to sell their award-winning cars in the State. This article at Huffington Post by a young woman race car driver called Leilani Münter describes these plans. I think these car dealers should […]Karl-Friedrich Lenz
- ACI "4th Advanced Forum on Biosimilars," New York City, June 5-7ACI will be holding its "4th Advanced Forum on Biosimilars" in New York City on June 5-7. McAndrews, Held & Malloy partner Sandra Frantzen will be speaking on the written description and enablement requirements for biologics patents. The full agenda... […]Aaron Barkoff
- Stone Temple Pilots Sue Scott Weiland; Singer RespondsThe band accuses its former frontman of violating its rights, misappropriating assets and interfering with the members' livelihood. Says Weiland: "I don't give a f--- what they call themselves, but it's not Stone Temple Pilots."read more […]Emily Zemler
- San FranciscoAssessing the weather conditions for my walk to work this morning, I saw that it was drizzling, and cool. It's the Friday before a three-day weekend, I thought, so it shouldn't be a problem if I wear a sweatshirt in... […]William Carleton
- SAG-AFTRA Responds to Foreign Royalties LawsuitA new suit apparently charges the union with failing to properly disburse about $110 million received from foreign collection societies.read more […]Jonathan Handel
- First Physical Bitcoin AutographI have done a physical Bitcoin autograph of my second global warming science fiction novel “Tasneem” (FREE PDF file here). It just arrived at its destination. I have sent 0.1 Bitcoin from my address 1MXLh9u36HPRzjY7j9qJ5jDdkJexrmZBA2 to the address created for this autograph 1DgLiqUA3SL9oFhyEnNApmJHzcWH7km5WQ I sent this before I got my address 1KfLenzmpCEjN […]Karl-Friedrich Lenz
Photos on flickr
LIKELIHOOD OF CONFUSION® Copyright © 2013. All Rights Reserved.