Originally posted 2006-12-14 22:54:16. Republished by Blog Post Promoter
October 31, 2012 | 0 Comments
Author:Ron ColemanI write this blog.
If you don't get enough email (who does?), I can send you LIKELIHOOD OF CONFUSION® blog posts by email! Free!
Leave a Reply
The question of whether consumers are likely to be confused is the signal inquiry that determines if a trademark infringement claim is valid. This blog is about trademark law, copyright law, free speech (mostly as it relates to the Internet) and legal issues related to blogging.
As for me, I'm a partner and commercial litigator at Goetz Fitzpatrick LLP with offices in New York and New Jersey (but active nationwide) and, some say, "IP maven" with a special interest in copyright and trademark infringement involving the Internet--including advising clients how to avoid them.
For more information, or to learn more about retaining me, please click here.
Follow @likely2confuse on Twitter
Likelihood TM Blog: RT @mhintzesq: Lindt TM for 3D shape of ‘gold bunny’ in gold, red & brown http://t.co/600xFonWdy via @The_IPO http://t.co/I0DOmCAno4
Likelihood TM Blog: RT @copyrightandtec: Rights Management (The Other Kind) Workshop, NYC, April 30 http://t.co/jNvL74fSyU
Likelihood TM Blog: RT @RonColeman: Bloggers are protected as "Media" - Comins v. VanVoorhis (Chapter 2) http://t.co/pR4GlMgDKa via @marcorandazza"
Likelihood TM Blog: "Counseling the Defendant with a Contestable Federal #Trademark Registration: Some Strategic Considerations" http://t.co/JPkaS5LYZj (2010)
I’m high-ranked and I know it.
Is LIKELIHOOD OF CONFUSION® really all that? Rankings-wise? Is it really one of the top law blogs in the galaxy?
It is, for what that's worth.
As of right now, here are the latest rankings via:
- All legal blogs on Avvo.com
- Most popular law blogs this month on Justia (sometimes)
- All IP law blogs, by popularity, on Justia
- All copyright law blogs, by popularity on Justia (whoa!)
- Alltop's law blogs and
- Cision.com's Top 50 Law Blogs
It's easy it is to game almost any ranking system, not that I've tried to. As such. These are just what they are.
The term of art maven is used to mean "wise guy" here and is not meant to suggest that I have certified or other "expertise" in any particular field of legal practice. But try me.
CATEGORIES (a work in progress)
- Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Abusing 17-Year-Old Boy in 1999A lawsuit filed Wednesday in Hawaii Federal Court alleges that Singer raped the boy, used other force and forced him to inhale cocaine.read more […]Jonathan Handel
- How to Amend Claims After a Patent Has Been Granted and is Under Review at the USPTOThis discusses how patent claims can be amended when the patent is under review at the USPTO (e.g., in an IPR, PGR or CBM action). In a recent blog I discussed a decision by the USPTO’s Patent, Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB), which explained the requirements for amending patent claims in Inter Partes Review (IPR). […]The post How to Amend Claims After a Paten […]patent20
- California Royalties Law May Looks Dead in the WaterDonn Zaretsky agrees. One of the judges even asked, “Aren’t there harmful effects to the state’s art market?” The art market. The Art Market! Oh where, oh where are our little Marxists when we need them?Sergio Muñoz Sarmiento
- Aereo Update: Alito Back On The CaseIn case you ever wondered whether there’s such a thing as “unrecusal” – and, frankly, we hadn’t – here’s the answer: yes. The Supreme Court has announced that Justice Alito, who had recused himself from any participation in any aspect of the Aereo case (which, we remind you, is set for oral argument next week), is no longer recused. The Supremes aren’t requi […]FHH Law
- Goose confusingly similar to turkey?See A Small Irish Whiskey Brand Takes on Bacardi Over Trademark Do you remember the "Wild Geese" from 17th century Ireland? […]Lawrence B. Ebert
- ALJ Bullock Grants Motion To Terminate Investigation In Certain Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters (337-TA-739)On April 15, 2014, Chief ALJ Charles E. Bullock issued Order No. 88 in Certain Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters and Products Containing Same (Inv. No. 337-TA-739). By way of background, the original investigation was based on an October 8, 2010 complaint filed by Leviton Manufacturing Co., Inc. (“Leviton”) alleging violations of section 337 in the […]Eric Schweibenz
LIKELIHOOD OF CONFUSION® Copyright © 2014. All Rights Reserved.